Location Opening – Theodore, Alabama.
Job Title Opening – Level 3 Pump Technician For Servicing Our Repair & Service Divisions, Morrow Repair Services.
Brownlee-Morrow Company is celebrating its 70th year in business and has a long history in the industrial sales and service industry. We represent market-leading products and have invested in many value-added services to help us serve our clients. We continue to grow each year and are built for long-term success. If you meet the below qualifications and are interested in joining our Theodore, AL team, we hope to hear from you.
Air-conditioned pump repair shop in Mobile, AL with 8 – 10 close working team members.
The Pump Repair Mechanic dismantles, cleans, inspects, repairs, and re-assembles horizontal and vertical pumps used in industrial plants (steel, chemical, pulp & paper and power plants). Our shop is in constant motion, with tight deadlines, challenging mechanical problems, and a customer-focused crew.
- Dismantle and inspect pumps, checking dimensions of components.
- Clean pump components.
- Complete accurate, thorough inspection and assembly documentation, including photos and descriptions of condition of components.
- Coordinate effectively in a team, discussing repair recommendations and resolving problems with supervisor.
- Run balance machine to properly balance impellers and shaft.
- Self-verify workmanship.
- Inspect all components for critical fits and run-outs.
- Paint, tag, and prep the pump for shipment to the customer.
- Throughout the process, follow routers, instructions, checklists and engineering drawings.
- Have a positive attitude that contributes to teambuilding, decision- making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
- Must be willing to work in the field, travel in & out of state when required.
- 3+ years of experience in aftermarket repair and service of mechanical equipment, with experience in pump equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings / charts.
- Skilled in using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice.
- Must have a personal set of mechanic tools and roll-around toolbox.
- Standing for long times required, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must have full range of movement to reach, work with hands and arms in various positions, stoop, and move under and around equipment.
- Must speak and communicate ideas clearly, read with understanding, and write good paragraphs describing equipment.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
Pump repair experience preferred.
The qualified candidate will be compensated with a competitive employee package including paid holidays, vacation, and sick days, health, dental, and vision plans, and 401(k) with 6% matching.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in joining our Birmingham, AL team, we hope to hear from you. Please send your resume to HR@BMECO.COM